Yacht World Number: 3067674
Located in La Paz, BCS, Mexico
Hull Material: Fiberglass
The Formosa 51’s designed by the legendary William Garden have earned a solid reputation as one of the finest, safest, and most comfortable cruising boats to be found around the world. Lady Midnight is the finest example of this we have seen. She is currently owned and meticulously maintained by one of the most knowledgeable captains in the business. Just returned from Puerto Vallarta and the southern coast of Mexico, everything on board has been checked out and is in good working condition. She is truly turnkey and ready to continue cruising now. Be sure to click on full specs to see all she has to offer.
Located in the heart of the world’s best cruising grounds. La Paz, Mexico, the gateway to the Sea of Cortez. Dozens of gorgeous anchorages with white sand beaches, crystal clear warm turquoise water, many within a days sail to downtown La Paz.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
La Paz Yachts
Division of Mazatlan Marine Center
Tom & Cindy
Marina de la Paz
La Paz, BCS, Mexico 23000
Other Local (612) 123-1948
Builder: Formosa Boat Building Co., Taipei, Taiwan
Designer: William Garden
LOA: 50 ft 10 in
Beam: 14 ft 1 in
LWL: 39 ft 7 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 2 in
Displacement: 52000 lbs
Ballast: 12000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 6 in
Total Power: 85 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 85 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots @ 1400 RPM
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (300 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (150 Gallons)
Above is a custom-built arch made from 1 ½-inch stainless steel polished tubing .120 thick wall. The design is a double arch with cross members for support and strength. The cockpit can be completely enclosed with canvas and strataglass. There are two zippered door panels to gain access to the cockpit on the port and starboard side. The stern panel as well as the dodger have a zippered rollup window for ventilation. The side and back panels are removable and are easily stowed.
There is a 6 inch thick custom cushion on the stern settee and backrest. The teak cocktail table is fastened to the telescoping captain’s seat pedestal and when not in use is stowed and secured under the galley table. There are two (27” x 10”) hanging dual pocket cockpit bags for storing small gear such as binoculars, gloves, glasses etc. There are two wench holders mounted port and starboard. There are two outside music speakers. There is a VHF radio and Raymarine MFD c-95 mounted on the port side of the console. There is also a teak binocular compartment/storage on the portside of the binnacle.
You enter the Captain’s cabin through an ornately carved door and your first impression is of the abundance of the beautiful solid teak throughout. Stepping through the threshold there is a tall and deep hanging locker on the starboard side. It also has an oversized sleeping berth which allows for sleeping forwards or athwart. The sleeping berth is large enough to allow the occupants to move about without disturbing the other sleeping cohabitant. There is more than adequate shelving for books and gear and seven deep and spacious storage cabinets. Under the bunk are six partitioned areas for additional storage. The flooring is teak parquet with two small access hatches to the bilge area. Both hatches have a manual stay-down lock for safety. This room has direct access to the aft head.
The sink has a high polished stainless steel 9.5” wide and 5” deep basin. The faucet is a chrome-plated brass with a “Galley Mixer” style spout. The Medicine Cabinet is custom built with two riddled shelves and framed beveled mirror with a chrome and porcelain handle. The counter tops are cultured marble accented with teak trim. There is ample storage under sink and behind toilet. The walls and ceiling are painted white using Interlux Marine grade paint. The flooring is a strong solid teak lattice for proper ventilation. New 2016 jabsco lite flush electric marine toilet with new sanitation hose. This head is also plumbed
The companion way is located on the starboard side forward of the cockpit. The companion door was custom made with a large circular stained glass center and laminated between ½” Plexiglas for strength and safety. The door has a Rim Lock Set with deadbolt locking inside and key from outside. From here, you descend down a modified four step spiral stairway with a slopping carved banister. The four step companion way also has storage with the two bottom steps offering the larger storage area.
Looking starboard from the companion door is a deep dry storage bin. Next to this is a high polished stainless steel sink with a chrome-plated brass spout. There is a 12volt water dispenser for bottled water which is stored in the cupboard beneath the sink. Directly under the sink is a cabinet that houses the water maker and cooling units for the refrigerator and freezer.
Continuing forward is the three burner gimbaled stove oven. Directly under the stove oven is a wide and deep pull out drawer. Finishing off the starboard side is the refrigerator and freezer. Above the length of the countertops are eight sliding teak lattice cabinets and one pull out drawer that offer additional storage. The counter tops are cultured marble with teak trim.
The flooring is teak parquet with four large hatches with access to the engine and generator and deep bilge which is equipped with a Rule 12 Volt bilge pump with 3700 gallons per hour it is submersible and ignition protected. These hatches have a manual Turning Lock Lift Handles for easy removal and safety.
- Stove/Oven: SeaWard Hillerange – Gimbaled, 3 burner with sea rails and clamp on pot holders. Gimbaled lock down latch
- Fuel: Propane – 2 ~ 10 lb Aluminum LPG Cylinders, housed in exterior vented locker, there is also two 4kg propane tanks in the deck boxes for the BBQ Refrigeration: Adler/Barbour 12 Volt Air cooled, evaporator. New 2007. Inside Dimensions: 28”H X 15.5”W X 24”D. Insulation exceeds recommended standards
- Freezer: Adler/Barbour 12 Volt Air cooled, evaporator. New 2007. Inside dimensions: 28”H X 16”W X 24”D. Insulation exceeds recommended standard.
- Pressure Water System: Groco – 12 Volt Accumulator Tank 2 gallons. Max psi 30 -125 psi. Dual in line WhirlpooL Water Filtration system; 1 – 5 micron filter, 1 – Charcoal filter. The water system has a manual shut-off to isolate forward and aft areas
- Hot Water Heater: SeaWard – S1200 11 gallon. Also set up to divert heat from Engine for hot water
Upper salon settee
Looking portside from the companion door is the “L” shape settee and dinning table that comfortably seats 6. New upholstery 2010. There is ample storage behind and below settee seating The dinning table telescopes down for a additional sleeping berth that will accommodate two adults. Above the settee runs a pin-railed shelf. Behind the shelf are five sliding teak lattice cabinets that offer additional storage. Forward to this is the chart table with two wide and deep drawers and cabinet below.
Mounted above the Chart table are the SSB Radio, VHF Radio, Weather station and Stereo as well as a Sirius Satellite radio, Below the chart table are the Pactor Modem and the AIS Class B transmitter/receiver. The inside steering binnacle is directly to the right of the chart table. Mounted in tandem above the binnacle area are a Weems &
Two steps down from the upper salon is the spacious lower salon. Looking immediately portside is the built-in wine cabinet, 30 bottle capacity, with two teak lattice doors. Next is the portside settee and ships desk. The settee has storage underneath, behind and in the upper cabinet. New upholstery 2010. The upper cabinet holds the 32” LG Television new 2016, and the AM/FM Stereo Radio with Compact Disc player, Videodisc player and On-board Computer 2013 with Hard drive. The ships desk has a large working surface with five drawers underneath and to the side. Above the desk is a cabinet with three teak lattice doors. There is a pin-railed shelf above the settee and ships desk to hold books and gear.
Lower salon settee
Looking starboard from the upper salon is an “L” shaped settee with ample storage underneath and behind cushions. New upholstery 2010. There is a pin-railed shelf above the settee to hold gear and miscellaneous items. There is also a large built-in book case with two deep shelves and riddle bar that holds a large library of boat reference books and manuals for engine and boat repairs. Above the book case is a pull out drawer for additional storage. In front of the “L” shaped settee is a twin pedestal telescoping solid teak coffee table. This can be made into another queen berth. The flooring is teak parquet with two large hatches with access to a large storage compartment below. These hatches have a manual Turning Lock Lift Handles for easy removal and safety.
Mid Berth Stateroom
This cabin space is forward of the lower settee on the starboard side. The artistically carved door offers privacy from the congregating areas of the galley and the lower settee. There is also a privacy door to the forward head and to the forward “V” berth quarters. The sleeping berth is wide and long with the added bonus of sliding out another 8” if additional room is needed.
Running lengthwise under this bunk are four pull out drawers and four shelved cabinets. There is a deep hanging closet opposite and below this closet are three more pull out drawers. On this same wall there is a vanity mirror with a butterfly leaf table and a custom built-in four tear shoe rack to hold an abundance of shoes. A custom Lee Cloth/Webbing is secured and tucked under the cushion bunk for future needs. The flooring is teak parquet with a hatch access to the bilge area. This hatch has a manual stay-down lock for safety.
This cabin is forward of the Mid Stateroom. It has a solid teak door for privacy. On the port side is a tall hanging locker and a deep pin-railed shelf with a cabinet underneath and to the side. At the peak forward are sliding cabinet doors which allow access to the anchor bay. Starboard side are upper and lower bunks that can easily sleep a full size adult. On the upper bunk forward wall is a cabinet that houses the windlass on/off switch, breaker and fuse. The lower bunk has storage underneath with a cabinet access.
The forward portion of this storage houses the windlass batteries. Custom Lee Cloth/Webbing are secured and tucked under each cushion bunk for future needs. The flooring is teak parquet with a small hatch access to the bilge area. This hatch has a manual stay-down lock for safely.
- Voltage: 12 Volt, 110 Volt, Generator, Shore Power
- Batteries: 8 ~ 6 Volt Golf Cart – House Bank (950 AH) new 2013
2 ~ 6 Volt Golf Cart – Windlass (235 AH) new 2013
1 ~ 12 Volt Starter Battery with backup manual Key Switch (300 CCA) 2015
All Batteries are secured in High Density Polyethylene Battery Boxes
- Master Battery Switch: Guest – Three Way Switch, new 2015
- Master Panel: Vertical Electrical Distribution Panel with a 10 Position Fuse and 5 Position Circuit Breaker
- Solar Panels: 2 – Solar Pro – 50 Watts each, ICP Model 20500 with Amp meter
- Wind Generator: AirX Marine 400 Watt Turbine with Amp meter and three way stop switch. New Blades 2010
- Heart Inverter: Link 2000 Xantrex
- Auxiliary: 3.5 KW, 2004 Kubota Model No. EA300NB, rebuilt 2014
- Type: Diesel, 1 Cylinder
- Drive: Belt Driven Impeller Type – Raw Water Pump, new 2014
- Exhaust: Wet, with fire retardant wrap on exhaust
- Fuel Pump: Walbro, 12 Volt Marine Electronic Fuel Pump
- Generator has a 12 Volt Quick Oil Change system installed. Back up Hand Crank Start Option Model. Original Factory Manual and Maintenance Manual on file.
- Spare Generator Parts: Belts – 1
Fuel Filter – 4
Impeller – 4
Complete Rebuild kit, Piston and Gaskets
- Auxiliary: 85 HP Perkins Model 4-236, fresh water cooled
- Type: Diesel, 4 cylinders, 4 cycle, Single Screw
- Drive: Borg Warner Hydraulic Velvet Drive
- Exhaust: Wet, with fire retardant wrap on exhaust
- Fuel Pump: Walbro, 12 Volt Marine Electronic Fuel Pump
- Fuel Filters: Primary – Raycor Cartridge
Secondary – Perkins 2 micron
Algae-X 200 in-line fuel decontaminator
- Propeller: Bronze, 26 in. X 22 in. LH, (3) Blade
- Shaft: Stainless Steel 1¾ in. with Dripless Bearing. new 2010
- New Cutlass Bearing 2007
- Engine has Oil & Temperature warning alarm system and a 12 Volt Quick Oil Change system installed. New Alternator 2006, New Fuel Pump 2006, Rebuilt Water Pump 2006, New Thermostat 2010. Original Factory Workshop Manual, Parts Manual and Maintenance Manual on file.
- Spare Engine Parts: Alternator – 1
Belt – 3
- Electric Fuel Pump – 1 Fuel Filters – Primary
- Starter – 1 Impellor – Raw Water – 3
- Voltage Regulator – 1
- Complete Gasket Set
- Raymarine MFD C95, New 2016
- Wireless Quantum Radar New 2017
- Auto Pilot: PRIMARY: Raymarine below deck Drive Type 2, Linear with Smart Pilot X 30 Corepack Auto Learn. Flux-gate compasses, New 2010. SECONDARY: Back-up Raytheon ST-400, Wheel Drive
- AIS: Class B Em-trek B100 new 2013
- SSB: ICOM – Model IC-M700PRO with ICOM HF Automatic Antenna Turner
- Pactor Modem: Pactor I I SCS PTC – 11EX, with Pactor I I I Software Upgrade for Sailmail e-mail
- Radios: VHF – Pilot House 2010
VHF – Cockpit – West Marine(Distress MMSI) new 2013
VHF – Handheld – Uniden
- GPS: Garmin 176C, GPS Plotter
- Depth Finder & Knot Log: Autohelm Tridata
- Wind speed/Direction: Raymarine Masthead Transducer
- Compass: Ritchie – Spherical – Pilot House 5 in. Ritchie – Spherical – Cockpit 4 in.
- Antenna: SHK 5101 – VHS Radio – Cockpit
- Navigation Lights: Port (red LED), Starboard (green LED), Stern (LED white), Running (white) and Anchor (white)
- Original Factory Manual and or Factory Insert on file for all the above.
- Village Marine – The Little Wonder – 12 Volt Reverse Osmosis Desalination System. 10 gallons per hour. Ultra Violet Light installed on manual request operation. Hand Held P.P.M. Meter.
- Original Factory Manual and or Factory Insert on file for the above.
- Spare Watermaker Parts: 2 Micron Pre-Charcoal Filter (3)
5 Micron – Pre-Pleated Filter (3)
20 Micron – Pre-Pleated Filter (3)
Extended Cruising Kit
(2) 5 – Micron Pre Filter Cartridges
(1) Cleaning Chemical Filter Kit
(1) High Pressure Pump Rebuild Kit
(1) O-Ring Kit for Pressure Vessel
(1) Drive Belt
(1) 16 oz VMT High Pressure Pump Oil
- Life Raft: ZODIAC – Off Shore Type Z01A, 6 Person Capacity. Low profile fiberglass canister is secured and through bolted on Pilot House
- EPIRB: Category II, Manuel deploy, Global Fix 406.025 MHz with integral GPS new battery 2017
- Man Overboard Pole: 2 – Forespar – Crew Overboard Poles with Flags, mounted Port and Starboard on Mizzen shroud
- Man Overboard Ring: 1 – Type IV Ring Buoy 19”, tethered to Starboard “man overboard pole”
- Man Overboard Sling: 1 – Life Sling 2 with storage bag, tethered to Port “man overboard pole”
- Block and Tackle: Overboard hoist retrieval set-up
- Distress Signal Kit: 2 – Olin Marine Alert/Locate signal canister
- Personal Flotation Device: Type I Foam Life Vest – 4 Adult new 2011 Type II Vest – 4 Adult, 1 Child Type IV Deluxe Buoyant Throw Cushions – 5
- Safety Jack Lines: 55 ft strapping, Port and Starboard
- Fire Extinguishers: 3 – Walter Kiddie – Dry ABC (3 lbs 5 oz)
1 – Walter Kiddie – Dry BC (3 lbs 5 oz)
2 – Pyrene – Dry ABC (15 lbs 8 oz)
1 – Fire Control – Dry BC (2.63 lbs)
1 – Carbon Dioxide (20 lbs) Engine
All re-tested Dec 2016
- Bilge Fan: Detmar – 12 Volt, vents Portside with safety valve closure, new 2015
- Bolt Cutters: 36” High Carbon Machine Steel Jaws
- Emergency Tiller: Stainless Steel, mounted starboard gunnel “All below the water line” thru holes have their appropriate sized wood plugs
Deck and hull equipment
- Steering: Aft Cockpit or Pilot House
- Decks: Teak over Fiberglass. New 2002, re-caulked 2012
- Hull: Fiberglass #FBB006330875
- Color: White with Blue Trim
- Windlass: Ideal Electric First Mate Model CWM with Wildcat and Gypsy, factory rebuild and motor replaced 2005.
Blue Sea 150 amp T-1 Series circuit breaker – Primary, 150 amp Fuse – Secondary
- Ground Tackle: Delta, 55 lb, Quick Set, with 300 ft. of 3/8 in. BBB chain, CQR, 60 lb, Danforth 50 lb, Danforth 25 lb stern with 80 ft. 5/8” rode
- Anchor Pawl: Lewmar – Stainless Steel chain stopper
- Anchor Marker: Floating Anchor Marker with 50 ft of polypropylene line
- Spars: Aluminum, Ketch Rigging.
- Main: Keel – Mizzen: Deck SteppedMast Steps: Aluminum steps on Main and Mizzen
- Spreader Lights: Main and Mizzen, 35 watt sealed beams. New bulbs 2010.
- Standing Rigging: Stainless Steel
- Fittings: Stainless Steel and Bronze
- Running Rigging: Dacron and Stainless
- Mainsheet Traveler: Garhauer – MT-3 Double T-Track – Single Car. Easy release cam cleats
- Boom Crutch: Main Boom Stainless Steel through bolted on Pilot House
- Sails: Dacron: Full Main (w/ reefing points and lazy jacks), Storm Staysail (w/ reefing points), Mizzen (w/ reefing points and lazy jacks) and Jib Furler (Schaefer).
- Bosuns Chair: Heavy Canvas with reinforced strapping and added safety harness
- Winches: 2 – Barient, Cable (Main Halyard/Main Mast) 2 – Custom Yacht LTD. s/s 6.5” (Jib Furler) 1 – Custom Yacht LTD. s/s 5”(Main Traveler)1 – Custom Yacht LTD. s/s 4.5” (Main Mast)1 – Custom Yacht LTD. s/s 4”(Mizzen Halyard)
- Winch Handles: 6 – Lewmar- Chrome Lock-in, Single grip
- Davits: High polished Stainless Steel tubing
- Radar Reflector: Davis – Echomaster – Circular, three plane aluminum
- BBQ: Magma Grill, Catalina, with 2 ~ 5 lb propane tanks and (spare burner 2017)
- Captains Chair: Cape Cod, molded resin, with aluminum telescoping pedestal, Model 100. New foam and cover 2015
- Deck Boxes: 2 – Fiberglass low profile 18”H X 48”L X 20”W Mounted Port and Starboard, through bolted on deck
- Scuba Tanks: 1 – 80 cu Steel Tanks, 2- Aluminum tank, 2 older sw/ BC and regulators, new tank 2014
- Diesel Cans: 4 – 5 Gallon Jerry Jugs, Portside stanchion mounted
- Gasoline Cans: 4 – 2 Gallon Jerry Jugs, Starboard sanctioned mounted
- Gaff: 6 ft fiberglass, taper tip with tip protector. Sleeved to Starboard Mizzen shroud
- Boat Hook: 5 ft aluminum, floating and telescoping to 12 ft. Sleeved to Port Mizzen shroud
- Fishing Rod Holders: 1 – Stainless Steel Clamp on, self draining
- Boarding Ladder: Teak, six steps, with reinforced s/s rods
- Fenders: Taylor – Survivor Series heavy duty, through center. 2 ~ 8” X 17” and 2 ~ 10” X 24 “
Tender and outboards
- Inflatable: 10 ft. 6 in Rib 310 hard bottom Hypalon, double hulled, West Marine, New 2010.
- Davits – Large 16” Retractable Launching wheels mounted on transom. Custom cover, 2 – anchor/rode bags and hanging seat lazarette
- Engines: 15 hp Mercury engine outboard 3.0 hp Evenrude engine outboard
- Fuel Tank: 2 x 3 gallon capacity
- Dinghy Anchors: 5 lb Mushroom, 8 lb River, with 30 ft polypropylene line,
- Navigation Lights: Portable mounting Bow and Stern lights
- Original Factory Manual for Inflatable.
- There is a complete set of regular screening for the companion way, hatches and ports.
- There is a complete set of no-seeum bug screening for the companion way, hatches and ports.
- The boat has a large sunbrella canvas shade tarp that covers from the mizzen mast to the main mast.
- There is shade screening for the bow and aft areas.
- There are shade panels for the Port and Starboard sides
- Signal Horn
- Bull Horn
- Sea Anchor
- Two 12v standby portable bilge pumps